Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Wrangler


So I was on like a huge Sergio Leone western binge at the end of the summer, and I loved it all. I actually had no idea what a badass really was until I saw The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. What an amazing movie. Clint Eastwood rocks my socks. The other ones(A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More) were both great flicks as well, especially For a Few Dollars More. Anyways, I have a ton of western sketches, which I'll probably get up at some point, but this one went all the way into a nearly completed illustration, so I figured I'd show it. The original sketch was alright, enough for me to warrant scanning it. Here it is,



There were some things I noticed directly after scanning that I knew I had to change. First was the lopsided barrel, second was the weird curvature of his front leg, and third was his eyes. They just looked bad to me. So I dumped it into Manga Studios which I hadn't used in a while, and started inking it. I fixed most of the problems and was way happier with it


Using gradients on photoshop elements is so damn tedious. Anyways, I have yet to to a background, but I like it for what it is right now. Call him The Wrangler. Can you dig it?


-Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment