Thursday, July 29, 2010

Time Travelin' Sensei



So I knew this one was gonna be cool when I started doodling it. I colored it right away with a strange grey and green color scheme, and dropped a gradient behind it. I didn't really realize it, but I had effectively ruined what I thought was a really cool sketch. Months later I rescanned it after I got bored and inked it by hand(first time around I had scanned in the pencils and inked it in PS), and started re-coloring it. Here's what I scanned in.

So I knew I wanted to redeem myself, and the drawing, so I really went full on with the coloring. I chose the colors I was most comfortable with, red and green(robin style), because I knew I could make it work that way. After I colored it, I attempted for the FIRST TIME EVER to create a background from scratch. The entire time I had a goal in mind to make it look like I knew what the hell I was doing, which is big lie. But, after like 5+ hours I was happy and called it quits. Also dropped a texture over it to make it look schweet. Here it is. Thanks for readin and lookin!



No comments:

Post a Comment